Monday, December 14, 2015

Homemade "Lysol"- works like a dream!

It sure has been a while! The holidays are here and that means we have been busy with parties, get togethers, and spending time with family. That doesn't mean I have stopped making my own cleaning products! Today's blog is all about how to make your own "lysol" to kill germs and keep your house smelling fresh and clean!

For a couple of years I stuck with my tried and true vinegar and water recipe, this year (probably because we had a baby) I just didn't really believe it was actually cleaning how deep I thought it was! Because of this I looked up a disinfectant spray and got to work. I happened to like the first one I made! Who would have thought.... Here is how you make it:

Ingredients:

3 C water
3 T white vinegar
3 T dish soap (I use liquid castile)
15 drops tea tree essential oil
15 drops lemon essential oil

I often find myself making the recipe...probably once a week? Maybe less, the first times I made it I only made two cups, then I increased the recipe to fill my whole bottle, so we shall see how long it lasts now!

I use this cleaner for everything...I mean everyTHING... I wipe the counters after making food, I clean my bathroom, I wipe down side tables, I wipe down really any surface in our house with it when I clean. I love the smell, someone even asked me one time if it was Meyer's Clean Day! I was so thrilled, I knew I was using a good cleaner and paying pennies compared to Meyer's Clean Day! On top of that...it's WAY more natural than anything you can buy at the store and I am confident in everything that I put into it:)

Let me know what you think if you try this cleaner!

Have a great week,

Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment