Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Well, it sure has been a while! My last post was just after my Dad died in 2013. Whoa! A lot has happened since then and a lot has changed...let me share some of those changes.

I went from a life of just me to a life of two with my wonderful God-fearing husband in the summer of 2014. Here is a picture of us on that beautiful July day...Don't we look so happy? We still are :)


Shortly after we got married we found out we would no longer be just two, but three!! Here is our announcement from last year.


On May 1, 2015 we welcomed our little -I mean big- bundle of joy; weighing in at 9lbs 13oz she entered the world after a long hard labor. We are so continually thankful to our Lord for this precious child and we don't know what we would do if we were still just two! Here is a picture of our little sweetie...

 What a stinkin' cutie!

After all of that...so begins our journey as a family to become more natural and use a lot less chemicals. I've spent some time researching homemade natural products and currently use a few already. I hope to use this blog to share success stories and probably some failures along the way about homemade-natural cleaners, household products, body products, etc. 

Some insight on the "natural" things we already do/have done...

  1. We use vinegar/water for a household cleaner. 
  2. We use cloth diapers with our little lady. 
  3. We use EVOO/cloth wipes for her bum over wet wipes.
  4. I make my own face wash, I have been using it for over 3 years with the BEST success I've ever had with any face wash. 
  5.  We used to use homemade laundry soap.
  6. We use organic garlic as an antibiotic to fight off colds and the like- thanks to my mom-in-law.
  7. We use coconut oil as a moisturizer.
  8. Random semi-natural fact: I JUST started brewing kombucha too!
Some of the natural things I HOPE to begin...

  1. Making an all-purpose natural cleaner.
  2. Making a natural toilet bowl cleaner. 
  3. Making a tub/shower cleaner. 
  4. Making baby wash/shampoo. 
  5. Making our body wash. 
  6. Making our own handsoaps. 
  7. I think the list could go on...just the top 6 on my mind:) 

Let's do this together! Feel free to follow, comment, share your natural recipes! I love hearing what other people are doing/have done.

Have a good one all!

Amy


No comments:

Post a Comment