Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Natural Face Wash

 Do you have acne prone skin? Oily skin? Are you sick of paying drug store prices to clean up your face with products that never seem to work? Have you thought of making your own face products?

For about 2 years (maybe more, I can't recall) I have been making my own face wash. It started with a Pinterest recipe... some oil mixed together (probably caster and olive) and then it developed into a wonderfully exfoliating face wash that I can not live without!

I will NEVER buy a face product from the store again. I tried everything before this trusty recipe, I used topical creams, 'natural' face wash from the store, wash that promised to clear my skin in _____ days; you know the drill with big companies promising things they can not hold to. I'm here to tell you I CAN promise you better skin with this face wash! I can't promise a timeline, but I can say if you make it and you stay dedicated to using it you will see results:) 

Before I started this face wash I had constant acne, not a ton, but big deep painful acne that could pop up at any moment, fairly oily skin and scaring. You ask, "How did that clean up with OIL?" Well, I'm here to tell you it did! The coffee in the wash helps to exfoliate scars and acne. The oil in the face wash rinses away the bad oils (ones that cause acne) that your face naturally produces and you are left with a clean moisturized face. Many of the products you purchase in the store dry out your skin which causes the skin to over produce oil and cause acne. I also have hardly used lotion on my face since I've used this product, occasionally if my face is extra dry I will use a little bit of coconut oil on it.

This facewash will also only cost you pennies and last you for at least half a year. I buy everything at Aldi and you can make multiple batches with just one trip; you may also have the products on hand already. Sugar = $1.89; EVOO = 2.99; Coffee = 2.00 (these are rough estimates).

Whats even better with this face was is you DON'T have to wash your face EVERY day. I literally wash my face with water every day and use this face wash 1-2 times per WEEK. In the beginning I did use it every other day, but now I don't need to.

Here is the recipe (equal parts each ingredient): 

Olive oil (sometimes a little more than equal parts oil)
White sugar
Caffeinated coffee
**you can play around with it and add some essential oils or lemon juice**

That's right! That is all you need!

I put mine into a mason jar. I will be transferring to a flip top jar soon because the top of the mason jar does show some rust over time.

I hope you try this. Please comment with any questions!

Have a great week everyone!

Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment